October 22

Not really sure where time is going. We had a couple of families over for a BBQ/AB dinner on Saturday night and now Scott & I are kicking ourselves for not having more parties this summer even though our yard is not finished. We really enjoyed it and now the weather will be turning too cold to do it much more. Oh well...live & learn.

Leah is gearing up for Halloween and has been "practicing" being a witch everyday for oh...the last month since I found the costume in a Chicago thrift store. I finally finished Nolan's costume yesterday-he will be a black cat. No- I did not make it completely. I purchased a black onesie & sweats & made a tail & some ears for him. The kids have a Halloween party with our playgroup on Friday-so I hope to have some cute pics to post of them in their costumes.

Let's see...Scott still has a job-so far. His boss called him in yesterday to tell him that Centex will be cutting jobs by 50% corporate wide in the next few weeks-but that he will not be in that round of layoffs. Whew...perhaps we'll have health insurance for another month or two! Good thing-because I just found out our prescriptions are no longer $50 or $20 for brand or generic, but instead we'll pay 20% or 10% of the drug cost! No big deal except 2 of my 3 meds are over $1500! Oh joy!

The kids don't know-but some friends had a bunch of toys/clothes they gave us that their kids have outgrown. Some of the toys are super-cool ones we never would have bought them-so they will be getting those for Christmas-perhaps even from Santa! Sweet...

Only 4 weeks and 3 days until our Kauaii trip...which reminds me-there is still a 1 bedroom condo up for grabs if anyone is interested!

That's all for now. I'm playing with the format of the blog-so it may be changing frequently for awhile until I find one I like.

No comments: