August 23, 2012-We are Home!

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.  He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."  Psalm 91:14-16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today marks 1 week from the day we trudged our reluctant soon-to-be-Kindergartner , not to school, but to a hospital...to endure the open-heart surgery- that even up to being wheeled through the OR doors, he denied participation in!
Now here we are, settling back into the daily routines of home life.  Our biggest challenge now is trying to keep a 4-year old boy from doing 4-year old boy stuff.  And even simple stuff, like how he puts on a shirt, how he climbs into chairs and the car, how he plays with his cars :)
But we're managing and he's slowly adjusting.  I'll be completing his "count-down" calendar today to when he can start resuming his "normal" activities such as taking a bath, climbing into his bunk bed, etc.
I've added some pictures from our last 2 days in the hospital.  Thanks to all of our family and friends for the prayers, well-wishes, visits, cards, e-mails, offers of help, the outpouring of love & encouragement.  We are truly a richly blessed family.










 
 
 

No comments: