Getting started

So-I wanted to start blogging for several reasons:
1) for family & friends near and far away to keep up with our lives,
2) so I could/would start journaling again as I miss it (although I’ve been fairly good at writing in Leah & Nolan’s journals )

Ok, so our life has been crazy-hectic and I can’t even tell you with what. Our summer has flown by and not even 1 camping trip outside of our annual Fort Bragg abalone trip.

We bought our travel trailer in January 2007 and have spent equal amounts of time camping in hospital parking lots as we have at actual campgrounds or other recreational areas. Since we have the trailer-we can camp all year round and Scott says we’ll set up some winter trips-which sounds idyllic, but in reality-with Nolan crawling everywhere and starting to walk in the next 6 months, I’m not sure how realistic this will be. He (Nolan) is all boy and into so much more than Leah ever was!

Nolan will celebrate his first b-day on September 23rd! Yes-my little munchkin will be one. Poor guy got strep throat a couple weeks ago (we’re guessing from our church nursery), and only weighed 16 ½ lbs at the doctor appt. Luckily, Scott, Leah and I did not get it and have remained healthy.

Leah is growing like a weed and will be 4 on December 9th! She is just over 40 inches tall and I have no idea how much she weighs now-but so far I can still carry her in from the car when she falls asleep. I’m guessing 35-36 pounds maybe.

September is already booked with slaughtering/butchering our 2 pigs-Wilbur & Babe, this weekend. The following weekend we will be celebrating Nolan’s birthday a bit early since his birthday falls on Tuesday & we started Leah in Awana’s with our local church on Tuesday nights. And the last weekend we will most likely be up at my mom’s place so Scott can help my step-dad re-install his transmission. (Long story-we spent all of last weekend there while Scott helped install it the first time!)

And October is starting out just as busy. My dad’s brother, my uncle Jim passed away in Thailand last week & the family service as well as the public service is set for Oct. 4th & 5th. We had plans set for those days-but obviously cancelled them.

As you can see-a lot going on in our lives. I have another post to add-but wanted it to be a separate post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this blogging site of yours. Great idea. You are now only a "click" away.

I am sorry to hear about Jimmy. We really need to catch up.