Sophie Rayne Kuehl arrived!

My niece arrived at 11:44 am on Sept. 13th. She weighs 7lbs, 5oz and is 20.5 inches long. She is so sweet & her big sister Mia is so proud! I hopped on the earliest flight I could get out of Sac (was on stand-by for a direct-but it was too full) so had to stop in San Diego then on to Chicago. I arrived in Chicago at 3:30-got my luggage & took a cab straight to the hospital.

For those that don't know-Lisa had absolutely NO idea I was coming. I had been texting Ron on his cell phone since I found out her water broke Friday night. When I arrived in Chicago-I checked my phone & saw that Ron had sent me a post-partum room #-so I know I had missed the birth :( For the record-the earlier direct flight would not have arrived in time either-she came so quick!

I met Ron's parents in the lobby of the hospital & my niece-Mia (2 1/2) came running up to me-just as my phone rang) It was Lisa! She was calling to tell me she'd had the baby & then proceeded to tell me her birth story as I followed Ron's parents upstairs and down the hospital corridors to her room. I continued to talk to her as I stood outside her door & then I asked her to repeat the baby's stats. She repeated & then I walked into the room & asked the stats again! She looked up & the look on her face was priceless! She started screaming for joy-hopped out of bed (natural-no drug labor-so she could do this) and we hugged and cried! We even had Ron & his brother teary eyed!

Lisa, Ron & Sophie will be coming home late this afternoon. Hoping to add some photos to the blog once I get some from their camera.

4 comments:

Chandra said...

What a wonderful surprise . . it gave me chills to read about it! Have a great time visiting with your family and we hope to see you when you return.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Tell your sister congrats! Have fun and thanks for making me feel better about keeping you out.. :0) Take care!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Ron, Lisa, and Mia! Have a wonderful visit, enjoy every minute spent with them.

Anonymous said...

A moment neither of you will ever forget. Really neat. I can definately see the "little" Lisa in Mia. Takes me back to those days when you two were using my back as a jungle-gym. Now you are both having babies! See ya soon sweetie.